Marina del Rey Cycle Club, based in West Los Angeles, hosts weekly recreational bike rides and is dedicated to the promotion of safe, fun, and social cycling activities in the Southern California area.
- Every Sunday – Meet at Helen’s Bicycle Shop, 2472 Lincoln Blvd, Marina del Rey, Sunday mornings at 7:45 AM for a 8:00 AM start. We’re usually back at Helen’s by 2:00 PM. Routes are listed on the Rides page.
- Ride Pace – We typically ride at a moderate pace (say about 17 to 22 mph on the flats) and we periodically stop and regroup during the ride to keep everyone together. When conditions permit (such as on PCH) we may ride in a single-file paceline.
- Routes – Rides vary in length from 50 to 70 miles, usually include some challenging medium to long climbs, and a stop along the way to refuel, for those with a food habit. Riders can also choose to do the short version (25-35 miles) of a ride if short on time or working up to the longer ride distance. With routes that explore all facets of the Southern California area, including both coastal and inland areas, MDRCC rides provide great opportunities to visit many interesting Southern California locales.
- Other Rides – Are scheduled from time to time, generally on Saturdays and holidays. Check the Rides page for the current schedule.
- New Riders – Are always welcome! If you’re considering joining us on a ride for the first time, check out the FAQ Page. You’ll find answers to most of your questions there.
The MDRCC Difference
Join us on a Sunday ride and experience one of the things that distinguishes MDRCC from other cycling clubs in the area — the diversity of our rides. From a collection of over 30 LA area bike routes, each Sunday’s ride visits a different part of our city, giving riders an opportunity to see areas they wouldn’t otherwise have occasion to visit. Been to Sierra Madre? Explored the canyons of the Santa Monica Mountains or the backroads of Palos Verdes? You’ll see all these areas and more, including remote-start rides to San Diego and Santa Barbara, in the company of a fun and knowledgeable group of riders. So check out the ride list and join us on a Sunday ride!